Via recorded webinar
Note: This is a pre-sale. Recording will be sent after the live event, on November 16, 2023
Have you wondered what therapeutic interventions exist for depression beyond cognitive approaches? While CBT certainly brings significant value to the treatment of depression, behavioral activation may be a better approach for many clients.
This training will present a diagnostic overview of Major Depressive Disorder, including commonly used assessment tools. The theory of Behavioral Activation will be explained through the lens of case conceptualization. Specific behavioral activation strategies such as ACE, pacing, and activity scheduling will be explored through case studies and video demonstrations.
Learners will have the opportunity to explore the application of behavioral activation techniques and interventions to their specific clients who have depression.
Original recording date: October 16, 2023 Length: 180 Minutes
Upon the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the diagnostic criteria for Major Depressive Disorder and appropriateassessments.
- Explain the theory of behavioral activation and demonstrate skill in caseconceptualization.
- Identify at least five behavioral activation interventions and techniques to alleviatedepression.
- Name at least three ways that behavioral activation will enhance one’s clinicalpractice with clients who experience depression.
Sources and Resources (click to expand)
1. Au, A., Yip, H. M., Lai, S., Ngai, S., Cheng, S. T., Losada, A., ... & Gallagher-Thompson, D. (2019). Telephone-based behavioral activation intervention fordementia family caregivers: Outcomes and mediation effect of a randomized controlled trial. Patient education and counseling, 102(11), 2049-2059.
2. Westberg, R., & Essel, A. (2021). ONE MORE TIME: A comparison of Hadeswith Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Behavioral Activation Therapy in thetreatment of depression.
3. Reitsma, L., Boelen, P. A., de Keijser, J., Lenferink, L. I. M. (2023). Self-guided online treatment of disturbed grief, posttraumatic stress, and depression in adults bereaved during the COVID-19 pandemic: A randomized controlled trial.Behaviour research and therapy, 163, 104286.
4. Cuijpers, P., Quero, S., Dowrick, C., & Arroll, B. (2019). Psychological treatmentof depression in primary care: recent developments. Current psychiatry reports,21, 1-10.
5. Cuijpers, P., Karyotaki, E., de Wit, L., & Ebert, D. D. (2020). The effects offifteen evidence-supported therapies for adult depression: a meta-analytic review.Psychotherapy Research, 30(3), 279-293.
3 CE recorded webinar contact hour(s)
Core Wellness, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0569
, for mental health counselors, #MHC-0167
and for psychologists #PSY-0236
. Note: Note: This course provides 3 contact hour(s) self-study credits. Core Wellness, LLC is authorized by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners to sponsor social work continuing education programs and maintains full responsibility for all programs. Our credits are accepted via reciprocity by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Board of Psychologists. Please verify with your board.
ASWB ACE Approved:
Core Wellness LLC, #1745, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE)
program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Core Wellness LLC, #1745 maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 05/18/2020 to 05/18/2024. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 continuing education credits (recorded webinar).
NBCC ACEP Approved
Core Wellness, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7094. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Core Wellness, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Core Wellness, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Core Wellness, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Upon purchase, all material (link to video, handout and evaluation/posttest form) instantly posts to your account here
(you must be logged in to access) and are also sent to your email on file. Please whitelist all messages from firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon submission of your evaluation and passing the posttest (80% of higher), the completion certificate is posted to your account here
and is sent to your inbox within 1 business day.
Time Zone and Currency
All times listed are EST (New York time); All prices are in USD.
Passing Score and Retest Policy:
Completing the video and achieving a posttest score of 80% or above is required to receive CE award. Open material permitted and one can retest unlimited times. Upon passing, we will email you a completion certificate within one business day. If failed, we will email you a retest in the same timeframe.
Cancellation, Policies and Refunds:
Fee covers: Attendance, course material and CE award to those who successfully complete the course and pass the posttest. Registration is open indefinitely. Recordings, handouts and completion certificates are accessible for a guaranteed one year as long as your account is active. Full refund or equal exchange up to 14 days of purchase if you are not satisfied as long as a completion certificate was not issued. For further details, please see the FAQ
section or contact us
To request an accommodation, please contact us
with at least 30 days prior notice.
The presenter and Core Wellness hereby declare that no conflict of interest, competing interest, or commercial support for the CE program are present. Presenter receives compensation for program delivery and sales as well as sales of his/her personal books and products.