Via live interactive webinar
Have you wondered what therapeutic interventions exist for depression beyond cognitiveapproaches? While CBT certainly brings significant value to the treatment of depression,behavioral activation may be a better approach for many clients.
This training will present a diagnostic overview of Major Depressive Disorder, includingcommonly used assessment tools. The theory of Behavioral Activation will be explainedthrough the lens of case conceptualization. Specific behavioral activation strategies suchas ACE, pacing, and activity scheduling will be explored through case studies and videodemonstrations.
Learners will have the opportunity to explore the application of behavioral activationtechniques and interventions to their specific clients who have depression.
Upon the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the diagnostic criteria for Major Depressive Disorder and appropriateassessments.
- Explain the theory of behavioral activation and demonstrate skill in caseconceptualization.
- Identify at least five behavioral activation interventions and techniques to alleviatedepression.
- Name at least three ways that behavioral activation will enhance one’s clinicalpractice with clients who experience depression.
Sources and Resources (click to expand):
1. Au, A., Yip, H. M., Lai, S., Ngai, S., Cheng, S. T., Losada, A., ... & Gallagher-Thompson, D. (2019). Telephone-based behavioral activation intervention fordementia family caregivers: Outcomes and mediation effect of a randomizedcontrolled trial. Patient education and counseling, 102(11), 2049-2059.
2. Westberg, R., & Essel, A. (2021). ONE MORE TIME: A comparison of Hadeswith Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Behavioral Activation Therapy in the treatment of depression.
3. Reitsma, L., Boelen, P. A., de Keijser, J., & Lenferink, L. I. M. (2023). Self-guided online treatment of disturbed grief, posttraumatic stress, and depression in adults bereaved during the COVID-19 pandemic: A randomized controlled trial.Behaviour research and therapy, 163, 104286.
4. Cuijpers, P., Quero, S., Dowrick, C., & Arroll, B. (2019). Psychological treatmentof depression in primary care: recent developments. Current psychiatry reports,21, 1-10.
5. Cuijpers, P., Karyotaki, E., de Wit, L., & Ebert, D. D. (2020). The effects offifteen evidence-supported therapies for adult depression: a meta-analytic review.Psychotherapy Research, 30(3), 279-293.
3 CE Live Online Contact Hour(s)
Note: Live interactive webinar is considered the same credit status as live in person by New York, Maryland and many other State boards. Please confirm with your local board.
Core Wellness, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0569 and for mental health counselors, #MHC-0167 and for psychologists, #PSY-0236. Note: This course provides 3 Contact Hour(s) live online credits (via interactive webinar) or live in person.
Core Wellness, LLC is authorized by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners to sponsor social work continuing education programs and maintains full responsibility for all programs. Our credits are accepted via reciprocity by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Board of Psychologists. Please verify with your board.
ASWB ACE Approved:
Core Wellness LLC, #1745, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE)
program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Core Wellness LLC, #1745 maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 05/18/2020 to 05/18/2024. Social workers participating in this course will receive 3 continuing education credits (in person or live online).
NBCC ACEP Approved
Core Wellness, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7094. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Core Wellness, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Core Wellness, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Core Wellness, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Upon purchase, all material (link to join the live/webinar, handout and evaluation form) instantly post to your account here
(you must be logged in to access) and are also sent to your email on file. Please whitelist all messages from firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon the submission of your evaluation form, the completion certificate is posted to your account here
and is sent to your inbox within 1 business day.
Time Zone and Currency
All times listed are EST (New York time); All prices are in USD.
Cancellation, Policies and Refunds:
Fee covers: Attendance, course material and CE award to those who complete the course. Registration is open until the course sells out (when this occurs, purchase option is disabled). We recommend signing up early to secure your spot and for early bird pricing. We provide a full refund upon request for cancellations submitted seven (7) calendar days before the webinar date. Cancellations received after that time frame will be granted: a transfer, credit or recorded webinar access, when available. For further questions, please see the FAQ
section or contact us
. In the rare event of a training cancellation, a notification and full refund (for the course fee only) will be automatically sent to you via your email on file.
To request an accommodation, please contact us
in writing with at least 30 days prior notice and we will do our best to fulfill your request.
The presenter and Core Wellness hereby declare that no conflict of interest, competing interest, or commercial support for the CE program are present. Presenter receives compensation for program delivery and sales as well as sales of his/her personal books and products.